1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Larry Ellison - What The Hell Is Cloud Computing?"

I found this amusing posting on YouTube in which Larry Ellison states that IT is the only industry that is more fashion driver than women's fashion retail, when canvassed for his views on "The cloud". Not only do we work in an industry more fashion driven than women's fashion retail, we work in an industry in which staple technologies such as the RDBMS and J2EE are pronounced as being dead on a regular basis. Recently there was an article on the theserverside.com proclaiming that programming was dead, needless to say it was treated with great derision. This thing about a particular technology being pronounced as dead reminds me of a quote from the late comedian George Burns:-

"Every morning I read the orbituary column. If I don't see my name there I go ahead and have breakfast"

In summary Larry, you are not an idiot.

No comments:

 
1. 2.